Nine Members Of Same Family Died After Eating Noodles

Nine members of the same family in China died after eating homemade noodles that were kept in the freezer for a year.

The family of 12, living in the Jixi city of Northeast China's Heilongjiang province, died from food poisoning on October 5 after eating the fermented dish called Suantangzi.

While nine of the family ate Suantangzi, remaining did not have it because they did not like the taste. The dish is a thick type of noodle made from fermented corn flour.

The nine who ate it felt ill within hours of eating and eight were dead by 11 October. The ninth member, a 47-year-old woman, treated in hospital but finally died on Monday.  

According to reports, the family was poisoned by toxic bongkrekic acid found in noodles.

Following this incident, the National Health Commission(NHC) on Tuesday issued a warning for people to avoid taking foods with fermented rice and flour.
× RELATED Like Indian Fans, The Ace Player Missed Dhoni In ODI With Australia
×